Monday, November 16, 2009

Do you get work satisfaction working abroad?

This question is especially for Indians working/living in Australia. Do you feel satisfied with the work you are doing? And do you think you are improving your leadership skills and getting chances to show your leadership skills? Or do you feel that you are stuck in a routine kind of job and your personality has become more like a submissive and polite follower rather than like an enthusiastic leader?


And do you think you could ever get a similar salary package working in India?

Do you get work satisfaction working abroad?
Working overseas has been a higher paycheck, but not leadership. As an Indian, you get treated like a submissive worker, but respectfully - I am in the US now and spent time in Australia too (4 years). I feel opportunity is better in the US as they value merit - they don't care if you are a foreigner because so many are; and they are in respectable positions. Aussies do not as much in my experience - they are more close-knit. The pay is better than in India of course. I think going back in a decade or so if India does well to manage it's infrastructure and growth, only then opportunities will arise. But, I will be making the US my home as I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment