Monday, May 4, 2009

What is more important in a new job, job satisfaction or the salary and benefits?

I just started a new job in a small law firm. Even though my boss is a great employer and also new, everything else is negative and a lot of backbiting and ambiguity. The salary package is good but is that enough? Where does job satisfaction rate in the whole picture? Suggestions welcomed..

What is more important in a new job, job satisfaction or the salary and benefits?
You know, in probably any other field, I'd say self-satisfaction is most important, but "back biting and ambiguity" are trademarks of the legal profession. I'm afraid you'll find it anywhere in that one! Look, be yourself, and do your best not to change over the years. Remember this question and how you felt and it will help you. I think you are lucky with that type of boss and it should help you along. GL and congrats! Sorry about the rest though. God bless.
Reply:Compared to most people I am nowhere near normal so there's not much point in me telling you my opinion here, lol I am leaving the whole lot, including the nation with it :)





But what I'll say is that you are the only one that can decide.


Can you deal with it? Good. Can you not? Leave, but be careful as ambiguity is everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment